Play Irish Lotto online
How to play Irish Lotto Online on PlayEuroMillions.com?
Since Lottery players from around the world will have access to the action through the latest exciting offering from the PlayEuroMillions.com. Let’s go through some of the salient points so you can get a better understanding of why we are so excited about this incredible lottery.
Playing Irish Lotto online couldn't be easier - whether you're a resident of Ireland or you're playing the Irish Lotto online on PlayEuroMillions.com it takes literally a few minutes to get started.
Follow these quick and easy steps to get your entries for the next draw, and visit the FAQs page if there's anything else you need to know.
To play the Irish Lotto online on PlayEuroMillions.com follow these easy steps:
- Log into your PlayEuroMillions.com account. If you are new to the site and wish to see if you too have the luck of the Irish, simply register online today.
- Next, you need to fund your online account by making a deposit using any of the various payment options offered. The minute you have done so, you will be able to purchase your lucky Irish Lotto ticket.
- Players need to select 6 numbers from 1 to 47. The jackpot prize is won by matching the first six numbers drawn.
- Although people tend to pick their own lucky numbers, a 'Quick Pick' option is available which will select random numbers.
- Players can also opt to have their lucky numbers entered into multiple draws by using the “Span” option. A game ticket is valid for one Lotto draw unless specified additional draws have been selected.
Add some Irish flavour to your online lottery experience and with Irish Lotto on PlayEuroMillions.com.
Buy Irish Lotto tickets online today and you too could join millions of Irish trying their luck with this National lottery.
When do the Irish Lotto draws take place?
The Irish Lotto draws take place twice a week, every Wednesday and Saturday.
What is the Irish Lotto Bonus Ball?
Although players of Irish Lotto must pick and match six numbers to win the jackpot, there are seven balls drawn in each game.
The seventh number is called the Bonus Ball which is taken from the remaining 41 balls in the machine. It only comes into play when you also match two, three, four or five main numbers.
The Irish Lotto Bonus Ball creates additional prizes but it is not possible to match six main numbers and the Bonus Ball, as you only select six balls on your ticket.
More Information about Irish Lotto:
What is the Irish Lotto?
The Irish National Lottery’s ‘Lotto’ is not a new kid on the block. This amazing international lottery has been creating winners since 1988 – that’s over three decades of giving lottery enthusiasts the chance to become instant millionaires!
Can I play the Irish Lotto from overseas?
Players from anywhere in the world can win the same prizes offered in Ireland by playing Irish Lotto online on PlayEuroMillions.com. Winners within the Republic of Ireland will not be taxed on their prize, but if you are playing online from elsewhere then you should check your local tax laws.
How to win the Irish Lotto Jackpot?
There are eight different ways to win Irish Lotto prizes. Prizes start at matching two main numbers plus the Bonus Ball and increase in value as you match more numbers.
- In order to win the jackpot, you must match six (6) numbers drawn from a choice of 47 numbers.
- You can also win for matching anything from two (2) main numbers and the Bonus Ball upwards.
- If you match three (3), four (4) or five (5) numbers, it increases the value of any prize you might win if you also match the Bonus Ball, which is drawn after the first six (6) numbers.
- If you match two (2) main numbers plus the Bonus Ball, you will receive two (2) free entries to a future Daily Million with Plus draw.
- If you have matched the five (5) main numbers and the Bonus Ball, you win an average sum of €100,000.
Irish Lotto Prize Table
|Six (6) numbers
||Jackpot (minimum €2 million)
|Five (5) numbers + Bonus Ball
||5.37% of the Prize Fund
|Five (5) numbers
||3.22% of the Prize Fund
|Four (4) numbers + Bonus Ball
||0.81% of the Prize Fund
|Four (4) numbers
||5.24% of the Prize Fund
|Three (3) numbers + Bonus Ball
||3.29% of the Prize Fund
|Three (3) numbers
||15.93% of the Prize Fund
Irish Lotto Jackpot Rollovers
The minimum jackpot Irish Lotto jackpot is €2 million, but the top prize can grow well above that amount due to rollovers.
The Irish Lotto has a jackpot cap of €18.96 million, although that can rise in the future. When the top prize passes this point it cannot grow any further and remains static until it is won, with excess funds rolling down to the next highest winning prize tier, most likely the Match 5+1 tier. This total will then become the new jackpot cap for future draws.
What are the chances of winning the Irish Lotto?
You have a 1 in 10,737,573 chance of winning the Irish Lotto jackpot, with your odds of winning any prize standing at 1 in 29. It’s due to these odds that people from all over the world love to buy Irish lotto tickets online.
Interesting Facts About Irish Lotto
The Irish Lotto has quite a few interesting facts. Let’s take a look:
Irish Lotto started in 1988 soon after the Irish government endorsed the National Lottery Act. This supports numerous sections of community, such as health, sports, welfare, national history and arts.
In the original game matrix, Irish lotto players had to match all six (6) main numbers drawn from a pool of possible 36 numbers to win the jackpot. In 1992, a syndicate comprising of 28 members attempted to purchase all the possible combinations and they were successful. However, there were two other winning tickets in the draw as well and they had to share the jackpot three ways.
In 1992 the game structure was slightly altered to ensure that it would cost too a lot more for a scheme like that to happen again by increasing the ball range from 36 to 39. The minimum jackpot value was doubled and a Bonus Ball introduced.
In 1994, the ball pool was increased again to 42 and in 2006 to 45. In 2015 it was increased again to 47. It wasn’t only the number of balls in play that were altered, several other changes were also implemented such as an extra prize tier for matching two (2) main numbers and a Bonus Ball. The second prize tier was also increased for matching five (5) main numbers plus the Bonus Ball from €25,000 to an estimated €100,000.
In September 2015 the Irish Lotto got a serious makeover, its biggest in years. This included some major changes to the format specially designed to make it easier to win even bigger jackpots and prizes.
The Irish lottery still boasts some of Europe's best jackpots and overall prize odds. (You're more than four times more likely – a difference of over 30 million –to hit the Irish Lotto jackpot than you are to win on the UK Lottery.)
The second tier prize has also been increased significantly, along with your overall chances of winning a prize.
Biggest Irish Lotto Winners
The Irish Lotto has been giving away impressive jackpots since the game started in 1988. These life-changing jackpot wins that have stretched into eight figures, making them become instant multi-millionaires.
The highest jackpot that was won with Irish lottery €18,963,441 that was won in June 2008. A syndicate team of 16 people from the Dan Morrissey quarry and concrete plant in Bennekerry, Co Carlow. won this jackpot.
The record-breaking prize accumulated in less than two months from the start of May, jumping up by more than €2 million from the previous draw on Wednesday 25th June.
The winning syndicate consisted of 15 men and one woman, including a father and a daughter and two sets of brothers. They purchased a Quick Pick and were delighted to split the money between them.
| Winner name || Jackpot amount || Winner location || Draw date
After winning the Irish Lotto with PlayEuroMillions.com
What happens when I win the Irish Lotto jackpot with PlayEuroMillions.com?
Claiming your Irish Lotto win is easy!
- Contact - In the event that you won a prize over £/$/€200, a member of PlayEuroMillions.com will contact you to congratulate you on your prize, verify your details and inform you of the pay-out process.
- Minimum pay out - It’s important to note that the minimum withdrawal is set at £10, $15 and €12. Withdrawals can be made directly to your local or international bank account. Additionally, winners can also opt to receive their winnings via web wallets. This depends on the player’s country of residence and various other factors. You can decide to either top your account or withdraw your money into your bank account.
- Email - All Irish Lotto players who have won a prize will receive a results mailer informing them of the winning Irish Lotto numbers. Any matches you may have will be reflected in the results mailer.
Irish Lotto Prize Tiers
The Irish Lotto is extremely popular with those wishing to buy Irish Lotto tickets online all over the world due to its favourable odds of winning a multi million-Euro jackpot prize.
If the Irish Lotto jackpot wasn’t already an incredible reason to play the Irish Lotto online, the second prize tier, with an average pay out of €100,000 for matching five numbers and the Bonus Ball, is also attractive to anyone looking for a decent return on their stake.
The minimum jackpot amount on the Irish Lotto starts at €2 million and majority of the tiered prizes aren’t fixed amounts but are based on how much money is in the Prize Fund.
With a certain percentage of the Prize Fund allocated to each prize tier, the prizes are evenly split between all winners in each tier.
The remainder of the Prize Fund is put into a Reserve Fund, and it can be used for any prize tier in any given time. It is in place to ensure that minimum jackpot can be offered.
The Irish Lotto jackpot often rises to incredible jackpot heights due to regular rollovers.
A rundown of the Irish Lotto prize structure, odds of winning and prizes can be found below:
| Match || Prize || Chances of winning
|Six (6) numbers
||1 in 10,737,573
|Five (5) numbers + Bonus Ball
||1 in 1,789,596
|Five (5) Numbers
||1 in 44,740
|Four (4) Numbers + Bonus Ball
||1 in 17,896
|Four (4) Numbers
||1 in 918
|Three (3) Numbers + Bonus Ball
||1 in 688
|Three (3) Numbers
||1 in 54
|Two (2) Numbers + Bonus Ball
||€3 Daily Million entry with Plus (2 lines)
||1 in 72
|The odds of winning any Irish Lotto prize are 1 in 29.
Irish Lotto Jackpot Cap
Currently, the Irish Lotto jackpot cap is €18.96 million. Once the jackpot reaches or exceeds the cap, no more money will be added to the top prize until it is won.
The funds that would normally go to the jackpot are instead used to boost the prize pool for the next winning tier (likely Match 5 + Bonus Ball).
The Most Common Irish Lotto Numbers
The most common Irish Lotto numbers throughout those years are: 5, 8, 17, 19, 29, 31 and 39. Conversely the least popular numbers are: 37, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 and 45, though this largely reflects the changes made to the game over the years.